Moving house might not always be the easiest thing, especially when it becomes late and hurried. You might find it hard to do things with a plan and everything becomes jumbled in those times.
This is why you must know beforehand the things you need to organise for moving house when you need them. Worst case scenario, if it’s a bit late and you need a plan ASAP, you’ll figure out here everything you need to organise to make your moving house as smooth and stress free as possible.
Arrangement for Removalist
When moving house, nothing is as important as having the best hands to help you move your things. Hence, it would be best if you reached out to removalists as soon as the plan to move house solidifies in your mind.
Are two weeks too early to reach out? No! Two months? Nah!
Sure, it might feel so remarkably long and unnecessary, but it isn’t too long at all if you want to save yourself from the stress that usually comes with an unplanned moving house. Think about it!
When you reach out to removalists on time, you will be able to:
- Determine the right experts you can trust on the job
- Get quotes from many removalists and choose the ones that are most suitable for your plans and budget.
- Avoid the last-minute hassle by sealing the deal and booking an appointment long before the time.
It’s good to do some research for professionals removalists in your area before deciding on the team to help with the move. It does depend on the location you’re based in and the address of the new home, but for a quality removalist in the Brisbane region, Premier Removals services all of Brisbane and surrounding suburbs.
They can also be trusted with larger moves with long distance and interstate moves that they do too. More information on their services can be found on their website at https://www.premierremovals.com.au/, and unlike some other removalists they also offer pre-packing and unpacking services if you want to avoid the stress of that too!
This is also one of the essential parts of moving house that needs planning and organisation. If you’re not careful, you might just as well find yourself nagging at removalists about the most trivial things as soon as you can! There’s no need for all of that. Not when you follow these tips to plan your packing when moving house:
- Box the items that can be boxed: Whether they’re books, clothes, or other gadgets around your house if they can go easily and together in a box, box them.
- Tape all sides of the box: The last thing you want are your things spilling out of the carton as the removalists haul them down the stairway. If your boxes are too worn, just set them aside.
- Label your boxes: The easiest way to avoid confusion when moving house is to make sure your boxes are well labelled. This will save you a lot of stress when settling down into your new home
- Disassemble your furniture: Not everything can fit in a box. For items like furniture, they might have to be carted away as they are. Therefore, if you know there are any flat-back furniture likely to come crashing down into its many pieces and injuring the removalists, then you’ve got to disassemble your furniture on time.
- Empty your drawers: in the same vein, while you disassemble your furniture for easy movements, you might also want to remember to get everything out of your drawers. You don’t want files or any other thing spilling out while your removalists try to get your drawers into your new place.
Packing can be a drag but if you do want to avoid the amount of time spent doing it, sometimes it is worth investing in packing services that some removalists, like Premier Removals offer to save you the worries.
Instructing the Removalist
When the day comes to move out of your old home, you will have to be around to oversee your things’ movements. Yes, there’s every tendency to lose your temper with how the removalists may handle some of your things. However, remember to be kind and precise about the things you need to be moved. Let the removalists know what items are fragile. Labelling your boxes, as mentioned earlier, really does help. You also want to hold on to some of your most valuable possessions while the removalists perform their duties.
Moving house is inevitably stressful even if you do think you have it all down pat. By following some of these tips though, it limits the likelihood of making a move more stressful than it has to be and they can at …